Official Forum for the HOMETOWN Minetest game server.

Bugs?

Keep the chat off the HOMETOWN thread on the Minetest forum, and indulge in all your server chat here! Please keep it on-topic, visit the off-topic thread if you must talk about your lunch or Guest1337.
Hey! I was on hometown, and i’ve just destroyed a house with protection. And then i was going in. But that is was destroying come back. And then i could take stuff from chest, cause i could go in. I didn’t take something cause i don’t wanna take peoples stuff, it’s evil to do that, but it’s just, someone who want other players stuff can just do that... maybe that can be an issue :?: :|
EmiliaIsBack wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:18 pm
Hey! I was on hometown, and i’ve just destroyed a house with protection. And then i was going in. But that is was destroying come back. And then i could take stuff from chest, cause i could go in. I didn’t take something cause i don’t wanna take peoples stuff, it’s evil to do that, but it’s just, someone who want other players stuff can just do that... maybe that can be an issue :?: :|
Were you laggy? If the connection between you and the server is slow, it takes a while for the server to tell your client the area is protected. Usually if you dig something, it returns to it's original place after the server notifies the client.
As far as being able to remove the items. What kind of chest was it? A default locked chest or a protector chest?
ExeterDad wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 4:00 pm
EmiliaIsBack wrote:
Were you laggy? If the connection between you and the server is slow, it takes a while for the server to tell your client the area is protected. Usually if you dig something, it returns to it's original place after the server notifies the client.
As far as being able to remove the items. What kind of chest was it? A default locked chest or a protector chest?
It was a normal chest, sorry if i didn’t say that. But it’s just if someone who want People’s stuff, They Can maybe do that, if someone only put a protected door, and a normal chest. And yes, it says something like ‘this area is owned by’
EmiliaIsBack wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 4:53 pm
ExeterDad wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 4:00 pm
EmiliaIsBack wrote:
It was a normal chest, sorry if i didn’t say that. But it’s just if someone who want People’s stuff, They Can maybe do that, if someone only put a protected door, and a normal chest. And yes, it says something like ‘this area is owned by’
Oh, and maybe it’s a little stupid i make this, because already when i come into hometown, a player say that They Saw this, and afsked me how to do it. I’d won’t tell Them, cause i don’t want anyone to lose their items
Regular chests won't ever lock.

Players need to use a locked or protected chest, the unlocked chest is on occasion handy, but I see a lot of players making this error.
ChimneySwift wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:19 am
Regular chests won't ever lock.

Players need to use a locked or protected chest, the unlocked chest is on occasion handy, but I see a lot of players making this error.
Okay :)