Official Forum for the HOMETOWN Minetest game server.

How to Get Items Moved Between Hoppers w/o Wasting Hoppers?

This is a question, not an answer. In other words, it's a "how to?", not a "how to".

Currently I am wasting a LOT of steel on hoppers. I've been working on an ellaborate system, and when I go mining, get back with several stacks of steel, craft it into as many hoppers as possible, I can make like 70 hoppers, but I probably need a total of several thousand. Is there any way to send items from one hopper to another one hundreds of nodes away without wasting time and resourses?
Oh look, it's my 600th post :D
Hoppers transfer from one to the next. And only if they are side by side. Transferring to another node so far away is impossible unless that area is loaded. And even then the sending hopper would have to be aware of the receiving hoppers cords.
That's waaaaay beyond what's coded into them.
ExeterDad wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 4:41 pm
Hoppers transfer from one to the next. And only if they are side by side. Transferring to another node so far away is impossible unless that area is loaded. And even then the sending hopper would have to be aware of the receiving hoppers cords.
That's waaaaay beyond what's coded into them.
Well it's actually 8 runs of hoppers, so if I bought a 1000-node spool and a crimping tool, it would be easier. So you're saying that you HAVE to have them connected with hoppers? Too bad.