Official Forum for the HOMETOWN Minetest game server.

eddd griefed the bank

Keep the chat off the HOMETOWN thread on the Minetest forum, and indulge in all your server chat here! Please keep it on-topic, visit the off-topic thread if you must talk about your lunch or Guest1337.
https://youtu.be/9-2ZdkNSpq8

Sorry about the typing instead of talking, I wasn't in a position where I could talk.
What’s the definition of greifing because now I’m confused, also eddd is a major bully, also I saw this coming.
yeah i also have problems seeing that eddd did anything wrong. and just having books by him does only show that your machines don't do what you had in mind they should do...

as if fair play was something real...
Bob8881 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:06 pm
yeah i also have problems seeing that eddd did anything wrong. and just having books by him does only show that your machines don't do what you had in mind they should do...
The purpose of the machines is clearly stated on the signs next to the machines. Unfortunately there is no way to prevent this kind of abuse but it's clearly "wrong" in the sense that it's not using the machines in the intended way and is clearly done with the intention of causing annoyance.
Speedy2021 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:46 pm
What’s the definition of greifing because now I’m confused
From Wikipedia:
A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game who deliberately irritates and harasses other players within the game, using aspects of the game in unintended ways.
It's often used to mean destroying other players builds or stealing items from chests. That is uncommon on this server because of protection, and the term can be applied in a wider sense to mean "any action carried out with the purpose of annoying other players". Common examples include placing protection blocks or locked chests around someone else's land, dropping sand or water on other people's builds, and clogging up depositing machines or hoppers.
Oh
Also to be honest it’s a lost cause, no matter how much we try he will keep doing it and it’s going to become worse, rn I guess we have to deal with the bullying.
I bought all keys and books for my collection
Hood wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:09 pm
Ugh why? You realise those keys take about 2 minutes of running up and down five flights of stairs to replace each time? And aren't worth any more than what you paid for them?
user2 wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:59 pm
Hood wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:09 pm
Ugh why? You realise those keys take about 2 minutes of running up and down five flights of stairs to replace each time? And aren't worth any more than what you paid for them?
I’m gonna guess that doesn’t matter to the buyer, they buy what you sell.