Official Forum for the HOMETOWN Minetest game server.

eddd griefed the bank

Keep the chat off the HOMETOWN thread on the Minetest forum, and indulge in all your server chat here! Please keep it on-topic, visit the off-topic thread if you must talk about your lunch or Guest1337.
Listen, I'm not the only one that feels this way. There are other players that have had similar experiences with eddd and want him to be banned. So don't talk to me like it's my problem, because it's not. If it is my problem then it's also the problem of everyone else who feels the same way as me. More likely it's his problem and I'm the only one that cares to speak up about it.
user2 wrote: ExeterDad wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:33 am
user2 wrote: It's unfortunate that most of the staff (including, particularly, ExeterDad) are fooled by this
Seriously? You think me so ignorant?
Yes. You have failed to recognise the pattern in eddd's behavior. Hint: It never changes, no matter what he says.
On the contrary, I do not fail to recognize the patterns of his behavior. You however have your blinders on because you are frustrated. And are much too quick to insult me repeatedly rather than to adsorb a single word I say in response. I see much more than you give me credit for. I see the back and forth between you and eddd. I see the PM's. I see the head games of all involved parties. I've spent far too much time going back through all the logs so I can get the entire back story riddled with drama and antics. I know the discussions between Kibbie, myself and many staff over this whole matter. These discussions happen far too often. But you my friend are not privy to these discussions, nor will you be. I've told you more than enough in this public thread.

Clearly there is no resolution satisfying enough for you unless it's done on your terms. And that's not how I roll.
I've lost interest in participating in this thread.
ExeterDad wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:21 pm
On the contrary, I do not fail to recognize the patterns of his behavior. ... I see much more than you give me credit for. I see the back and forth between you and eddd. I see the PM's. I see the head games of all involved parties. I've spent far too much time going back through all the logs so I can get the entire back story riddled with drama and antics.
In that case, how can you not understand how this situation is a problem?
ExeterDad wrote: And are much too quick to insult me repeatedly rather than to adsorb a single word I say in response.
All you've said in response so far is "I don't see a problem so I'm not going to do anything about it". Also I have actually not insulted you.

Yes, I am frustrated. So are many other players. We are frustrated at the fact that no action is being taken against eddd while we are left to suffer. Apparently that means nothing to you.
user2 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:50 pm
LoneWolfHT wrote: try to solve this by swallowing your pride talking with him
This isn't about pride. He refused to have a sensible conversation. He mostly ignored what I was saying and then tried to make out like I had said or agreed to things that I hadn't. Did you read the chat log? Let me put it another way: if his "apology" is genuine (which I don't believe) then the way that he responded to me yesterday is not helping him.
Just read the chatlogs. He apologize to you a few times. Then you responded with a cold "I don't believe you", said you would only 'believe' him if he removed a build he had spent time and money to put together, and ignored many player's requests to take it to PMs.
You certainly didn't try to end this. You were very rude to him. This is how I see you went about it:
I demand you remove your house because I don't like how you build and my eyes can't stand it. Or I'll never forgive you
user2 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:50 pm
Nothing ever changes.
You seem to not want it to change. Looking at your behaviour. You want him banned, regardless of the other much cleaner ways of solving this
user2 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:19 pm
I am frustrated. So are many other players. We are frustrated at the fact that no action is being taken against eddd while we are left to suffer. Apparently that means nothing to you.
Off the top of my head I can't think of any players that are currently annoyed by him other than you. If you find any of these players please give me their name and a link to the chatlog date
user2 I can’t believe you insulted EDad like that, if you don’t like the way he runs thing then quit the server! Everyone is sick and tired of this crap.
eddd is a fun player to have around. It would be unfortunate if he was banned only because he annoys some players some of the time.
I hear you've been leaving the game whenever eddd joins. Why?
LoneWolfHT wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:10 am
Actually I feel that’s best so we don’t have to hear this whole topic again!
Speedy2021 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:50 am
LoneWolfHT wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:10 am
Actually I feel that’s best so we don’t have to hear this whole topic again!
I want this ended. Not put off for later...