Official Forum for the HOMETOWN Minetest game server.

Mod requests

If you've seen something awesome that we may enjoy on HOMETOWN... please let us know about it.
Soooo ive been trying to get hold of Edad in game... anyways ive got 2 requests if possible... 1stly would it be possible to get dogs/wolves in game?... been speaking about it with jsnake about being able to get dogs/wolves and tame them and maybe have them react the same way the do on minecraft... in the sense that they follow u around and attack others who attack you... would be very helpful against those annoying players who attack others for no reason... may even be able to get them to stay or follow u as a command... jsnake and i spoke about it earlier today aswell and he said he found a code/mod that must just be tweaked alil but should work just need Edada approval and aswell maybe a mod to keep animals with name tags or protection runes on... just like myself i know of 2 other players who have tamed animals in order to breed for food and other by products but they just get reset each week... maybe it is possible for these mods???...
Pick up your animals every Sunday before restart and they won't disappear
Here's a wolf mod github repo that I found: https://github.com/blert2112/mobs_more_ ... /mobs_wolf

I can make some changes to it if need be.
i would really love the technic mod installed. i have played it before and i automated almost every part of the game, it would be useful for production and building tycoons like myself or eddd.
maroonhero wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:51 pm
i would really love the technic mod installed. i have played it before and i automated almost every part of the game, it would be useful for production and building tycoons like myself or eddd.
The probability of that happening is probably 0
If you a desperate to play on a Technic server I know of a good one. I can tell you via PM if you'd like...
maroonhero wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:51 pm
I would bet my non-existent house this will never be added. Especially given the fact it depends on pipeworks. Both of which would place a lot of load on the server. Not to mention automation any further than hoppers would dramatically change game play mechanics.