Official Forum for the HOMETOWN Minetest game server.

Server is down

If you've seen something awesome that we may enjoy on HOMETOWN... please let us know about it.
As of right now I've been trying to connect for a few minutes and every time it says "Connection failture: init packet not recognised by server." which is what it says when the server is running but hasn't initialised properly (like if you try to connect too soon after the server restarts).
I can confirm this issue.
systemctl status shows the hometown service has been running continually since the restart, and so do the logs.

*shrug I've noted the server is unreachable from time to time as the network "seems to fail". Maybe it was one of those times?
Now I'm getting "Connection timed out" even though the server list shows 43/55 players. I really hope this is fixed soon as I wanted to gather easter eggs...

I don't think it's the network connection as the forum (which I assume is hosted on the same server) is working fine.
So somehow I managed to connect now... weird.
Seems that the high lag is making it difficult to connect.