Official Forum for the HOMETOWN Minetest game server.

HOMETOWN ADD ONS

If you've seen something awesome that we may enjoy on HOMETOWN... please let us know about it.
HOMETOWN the best server ever!!!!!!, but we need to even make it better like by adding more mods
building more shops
and building more cities in far away places
and last of all banning people who do crime not only Dating and bad words like stealing mining peoples house and obviously bad words in open chat and dating,so what we need to do is create a place where you people put names of people who did wrong things and you check it out
Godzilla wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:56 pm
HOMETOWN the best server ever!!!!!!, but we need to even make it better like by adding more mods
building more shops
and building more cities in far away places
and last of all banning people who do crime not only Dating and bad words like stealing mining peoples house and obviously bad words in open chat and dating,so what we need to do is create a place where you people put names of people who did wrong things and you check it out
Not sure what you mean.

• We already have enough mods, and the administrator has made that very clear.
  • People are still busy building awesome things. That is not going to change any time soon.
  • Our active moderation team does their best to ban all the people who misbehave. As far as having a list of people who did bad things, that sounds interesting, but I don't know if it fits the spirit this server.
In other words, I don't think the server can get much better than it already is. ;)
Hometown is great but we need people like aspiremint who loves the spririt of building trust worthy people like him
like theres this theif Nixon he has had several accounts but never gets banned(actually enyone online who has the banning priv ban Nixon!)im not abusing but guys leaders pliz tighten up your security?pliz i beg im a good guy all i hope for hometown is the best!i want it to grow and prosper and pliz i have huge huge land in my account Rider pliz make it a city pliz admins.]
Just going to put this out there:
  1. I've heard that you have your own reputation for stealing and "mining houses". Not sure whether or not this is true but I think you know the truth.
  2. If you want people to take you seriously, please try using proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation. It goes a long way.
  3. The same goes for being selective about what you post and where you post it. People will tend to ignore you if you clutter the forums with a lot of posts that they don't think are important.
user2 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:42 pm
Just going to put this out there:
  1. I've heard that you have your own reputation for stealing and "mining houses". Not sure whether or not this is true but I think you know the truth.
  2. If you want people to take you seriously, please try using proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation. It goes a long way.
  3. The same goes for being selective about what you post and where you post it. People will tend to ignore you if you clutter the forums with a lot of posts that they don't think are important.
Where's the like button??

And yeah, the server really can't get much better. More mods = non-phone/low-end pc compatible = Fewer players. Mods like travelnet = EDad runs out of storage space sooner.
Now if you wanna pay for more storage, I suppose you could talk to EDad about it lol
Adding more mods to the server wouldn't just affect performance (both for clients and the server), depending on the mod ofc, but it may affect the game as a whole to the point where is doesn't feel like "Hometown" if you get what I'm saying...

People are and continue to build awesome stuff, including Cities and towns far away from spawn (try typing /warp Verdant next time you're in-game for example)

A reporting system would be nice, but moderating griefing or stealing of any kind is an impossible task. It would take hours each day just to deal with the reported griefings, let alone the stuff that never gets mentioned, and all staff are in voluntary positions, so it would be unreasonable to ask for that from them. Which is why if someone is physically able to steal your stuff, they can and honestly by all means should. Players need to learn to use protection blocks and locked chests if they don't want their stuff stolen. This is obviously within reason, if someone steals something you drop on the ground or protects an area as you use it, alert a staff member and they can judge what to do based on the situation.
ChimneySwift wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:52 am
Which is why if someone is physically able to steal your stuff, they can and honestly by all means should. Players need to learn to use protection blocks and locked chests if they don't want their stuff stolen. This is obviously within reason, if someone steals something you drop on the ground or protects an area as you use it, alert a staff member and they can judge what to do based on the situation.
I believe that the issue being referred to in particular here is when someone rents or otherwise lives in someone else's house and then either steals stuff out of protected chests (because players still don't seem to know the difference between locked chests and protected chests) or digs blocks from the house itself (a.k.a. "mining houses"). Not saying that there's anything that the staff can do about this and I believe that the policy on this server has always been "it's your fault if you add someone to your protection and they steal stuff".
user2 wrote: "it's your fault if you add someone to your protection and they steal stuff"
Ha ha! Yep!
I need to put this on a T-Shirt.
ExeterDad wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:43 am
user2 wrote: "it's your fault if you add someone to your protection and they steal stuff"
Ha ha! Yep!
I need to put this on a T-Shirt.
HOMETOWN merch.
Let's make it happen.