Official Forum for the HOMETOWN Minetest game server.

Hardwood slopes

If you've seen something awesome that we may enjoy on HOMETOWN... please let us know about it.
Would it be possible for hardwood slopes to be added? It would be great if I could have these for a build that I'm working on.
I'll add it.
But not by tonight.
building blocks has it's own version of registering stairs, and slopes is not included.
Using stairs redo will have the slopes grouped with the stairs items in the inventory rather than with building blocks, home decors version of stairs will do the same.
I want to add a way to register slopes in the building blocks api so the grouping in the inventory is proper.

Stay tuned.
That wasn't so hard.
The hardwood slope and recipes are now in building blocks.
Placing behavior is consistent with the building block stair rather than stairs stairs. Grouping should be with the rest of the hardwood items.
ExeterDad wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:16 am
That wasn't so hard.
I dearly hope this pun was intended.
Thanks so much for this!
Alright next up.

Colored wood slabs and stairs.

jk jk...
ChimneySwift wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:40 am
Alright next up.

Colored wood slabs and stairs.

jk jk...
I nearly spit up my coffee!
Currently, the stairs mod generates 387 stairs related nodes. This does not include stairs parts generated by many other mods on the server.
To support all 89 wood colors stair parts, it would add an additional 445 nodes.

Not too sure we really need that many more pages to rifle through in the inventory.
user2's request was merely one extra node to add to a existing set. That seemed reasonable.
Calm down, ChimneySwift was making a joke.
Missed it. Thanks for reeling me back in. I was about to go mental :P
ExeterDad wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:45 pm
Missed it. Thanks for reeling me back in. I was about to go mental :P
LOL yeah...

And aren't we already using the old version of colored wood that has 1 texture per color of wood (rather than 1 texture colorized for each color of wood)?

Either way, that's a lot of nodes many people won't even end up using lol.