Official Forum for the HOMETOWN Minetest game server.

Hardwood slopes

If you've seen something awesome that we may enjoy on HOMETOWN... please let us know about it.
It is older, but the textures are still colorized when generated.
ExeterDad wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:11 pm
Really?? Interesting, I won't mention what I was thinking because that will just give you more work to do... lol
BTW, is that a custom colored wood mod or not? None of the existing mods seem to match.
random_geek wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:29 pm
BTW, is that a custom colored wood mod or not? None of the existing mods seem to match.
Not sure what you mean about "custom" I don't remember altering anything. It's just very outdated. VannessaE's completely revamped the colored woods mod since this one was installed. I'm reluctant to update it without extensive testing first. Things have changed with it so much I fear a ton of other things will break.

Our server has become more of a sub-game than a server running a collection of mods. Most mods here ARE very custom and blindly run (and maybe fail) without checking for the existence of functions supplied by the mods they depend on.
ExeterDad wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:11 pm
Actually I'm wrong. There are a billion textures.
I got to thinking about it and realized I was thinking about her color code used in homedecor.
ExeterDad wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:52 pm
Actually I'm wrong. There are a billion textures.
I got to thinking about it and realized I was thinking about her color code used in homedecor.
Oh.

RIP.

Maybe updating might be worth it then.... provided it doesn't make everything go poof.
ChimneySwift wrote: Maybe updating might be worth it then.... provided it doesn't make everything go poof.
Oh no doubt it'll be worth it.
But I'd need to update unified dyes and... brace yourself.... homedecor.
And homedecor is modified beyond recognition. And would take a "Act of God" to compare changes upstream, and keep my changes intact. Not impossible. But more time than I feel like committing to quite yet.