Official Forum for the HOMETOWN Minetest game server.

Green color text for tpr / tphr request

If you've seen something awesome that we may enjoy on HOMETOWN... please let us know about it.
As there are many players talking in the chat box. For easily identification, we usually talk to target people by using typing his/her name or using /msg. This is received a text turn to green color for the target player and they can heard a message received sound to notice someone is talking to him/her.

But for /tphr, /tpr request, the target player easily ignored request notice because there are always many chatting text floating in the chat box. So I suggest that turn the /tphr, /tpr to green color may help the player more easy to identify the request.
That's a reasonable idea :)
ExeterDad wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:51 am
That's a reasonable idea :)
Ya. I hope this can help :D
Green text for any /tpr /tphr /tpy /tpn messages added.
Chatbell sounds when a request is received as well.
Will take affect after restart.
ExeterDad wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:55 am
Hi! I don’t know why, but when i get a pm or tp request, The text is not green. In My inventory there is 3 text, with a box. On one lf Them it says ‘no colored chat’ and i has tab on it but i dosen’t work, i has try to push it really much times. And in The box there is a check icon, if you tab on it. And if you tab on it again, The check icon go away. (I am on ipad) -EmiliaIsBack
EmiliaIsBack wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:45 pm
ExeterDad wrote:
Hi! I don’t know why, but when i get a pm or tp request, The text is not green. In My inventory there is 3 text, with a box. On one lf Them it says ‘no colored chat’ and i has tab on it but i dosen’t work, i has try to push it really much times. And in The box there is a check icon, if you tab on it. And if you tab on it again, The check icon go away. (I am on ipad) -EmiliaIsBack
Have you ever seen green text in your chat? Or red? The notice and warning messages are colored no matter what setting you have in your inventory. The same with /tpr as of today. If you can't see anything other than white text, your client is much older and doesn't support colored text in chat. Nothing we can do about that unless you get a newer version of Minetest.
ExeterDad wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:54 pm
EmiliaIsBack wrote:
ExeterDad wrote:
Have you ever seen green text in your chat? Or red? The notice and warning messages are colored no matter what setting you have in your inventory. The same with /tpr as of today. If you can't see anything other than white text, your client is much older and doesn't support colored text in chat. Nothing we can do about that unless you get a newer version of Minetest.
Ehhh, maybe its because i have the “copy” of minetest. I play on ipad so i Can only get WorldCraft. That game i play on.
EmiliaIsBack wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:17 pm
ExeterDad wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:54 pm
EmiliaIsBack wrote:

Ehhh, maybe its because i have the “copy” of minetest. I play on ipad so i Can only get WorldCraft. That game i play on.
Oh and i have a question: if a player say They hate The admin of HOMETOWN will you so Ban the player?
EmiliaIsBack wrote: Oh and i have a question: if a player say They hate The admin of HOMETOWN will you so Ban the player?
Well I doubt I'd ban them for simply saying they hate me. Banning them won't make them love me any more. lol
But comments like that are remembered and possibly considered if they cause more trouble.
ExeterDad wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:27 pm
EmiliaIsBack wrote: Oh and i have a question: if a player say They hate The admin of HOMETOWN will you so Ban the player?
Well I doubt I'd ban them for simply saying they hate me. Banning them won't make them love me any more. lol
But comments like that are remembered and possibly considered if they cause more trouble.
Okay :D it was just because a player Said it here today, and there was another player, who Said: no hate on The admin, or you will be banned, i has been banned for nothing lol