Official Forum for the HOMETOWN Minetest game server.

IOKA road protections

If you've seen something awesome that we may enjoy on HOMETOWN... please let us know about it.
I've started a town and already have several players building in it. For the roads, they are built the same way the IOKA roads are built. The town entrance road is joined to the IOKA road that passes alongside the town. Would it be possible to have road protectors placed on the town roads? At the moment I am having difficulty with both protecting the roads and the rest of the land, and setting up sections for players to build on.

Thank you,

Emerald2
Emerald wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:32 pm
I've started a town and already have several players building in it. For the roads, they are built the same way the IOKA roads are built. The town entrance road is joined to the IOKA road that passes alongside the town. Would it be possible to have road protectors placed on the town roads? At the moment I am having difficulty with both protecting the roads and the rest of the land, and setting up sections for players to build on.

Thank you,

Emerald2
Sure. I'll need some cords though as I don't know how to get to your area.
ExeterDad wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:58 pm
Sure. I'll need some cords though as I don't know how to get to your area.
Thank you ExeterDad. The entrance to the town lies around -5395, 20,35. That's where it comes off the IOKA road and goes south into the town area. We're hard at work adding more buildings. micah is doing a nice job on the gardens around the town hall at the moment. :)
Thanks for the cords. I'll try to chip away at the roads as time allows. Just to make it clear, the pro's are IOKA owned. Once placed you won't be able to build on the road edges, or a reasonable height above them.
But the cool part is you don't have to worry about the road protection messing with your own protections overlaps. The IOKA pro's will cut right through existing areas and take ownership of the road area. Also you will be able to place your pro blocks right on the edge of the roads and the overlaps will continue to the other side of the road. But your pro's won't have ownership of the road strip.
ExeterDad wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:26 pm
Once placed you won't be able to build on the road edges, or a reasonable height above them.
Make sure that the protection extends to the top of their lampposts otherwise the lampposts will probably get griefed sooner or later.
The road pro's aren't able to be configured on a per use basis. There's nothing preventing them from protecting with normal protection as overlapping is not a issue.
ExeterDad wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:21 pm
The road pro's aren't able to be configured on a per use basis. There's nothing preventing them from protecting with normal protection as overlapping is not a issue.
I was referring to the situation where the top part ends up in someone else's protection and they steal it.
I realized what you were referring to. And my reply is still valid :)
Hi Edad,

I have been expanding the roads of Verdant. Could you please place road protectors for the new roads as well?

Thank you. :D
I'll swing by there at some point tomorrow.