Official Forum for the HOMETOWN Minetest game server.

Mob spawning options?

If you've seen something awesome that we may enjoy on HOMETOWN... please let us know about it.
The "nohome" post reminded me... It would be nice to have another protector option to let mobs spawn in a protected area. I'm guessing it might put too much load on the ABS. If not, this would be handy for mob farms, but maybe you have some other reason against it. I won't be devastated if you do. ;)
random_geek wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:14 pm
The "nohome" post reminded me... It would be nice to have another protector option to let mobs spawn in a protected area. I'm guessing it might put too much load on the ABS. If not, this would be handy for mob farms, but maybe you have some other reason against it. I won't be devastated if you do. ;)
Interesting idea. I'll add this to the long TODO - "Requests" list.

I wish I would of added some kind of log to the nohome feature. I've no idea if it's actually used, or is affective.
ExeterDad wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:53 pm
random_geek wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:14 pm
Interesting idea. I'll add this to the long TODO - "Requests" list.

I wish I would of added some kind of log to the nohome feature. I've no idea if it's actually used, or is affective.
It's both of those. I find I am using it a lot. It also allows you to prevent players setting a home when doing parkour
LoneWolfHT wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:17 pm
It also allows you to prevent players setting a home when doing parkour
Now *there* is an *excellent* use case for nohome! 8-)