Official Forum for the HOMETOWN Minetest game server.

ChimneySwift is here!

Start here! Introduce yourself and let us know you're here :)
Hi guys! I came to Hometown mere weeks ago but have found it endlessly enjoyable, it's a great server. I've made some friends and some houses with varying success already and I'll definitely be coming back regularly.

My shop at dman's Mine City (still don't have my house which I bought... :D ) :
I also helped Twilight and raza build this house but unfortunately the whole area (including the house which turns out wasn't properly protected) was griefed and the landscape ruined :( :

(hehe sneaky debug info with coordinates ;))
Welcome ChimneySwift!
(Note I cheated because he told me he joined while ingame :P)
Hiya ChimneySwift!! I saw your shop in Minetest. Pretty cool! :D
Hey, ChimneySwift!
Good to see you here! :D
HEYO CHIMNEYSWIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD I'm glad you are here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Chimney! It was nice to meet you in-game!
BBmine wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:38 pm
Hey Chimney! It was nice to meet you in-game!
lol that was fast :P
Hi ChimneySwift,

You got me worried now. What went wrong with the protection block? I hope I am not missing something too.
jSnake wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:30 am
Hi ChimneySwift,

You got me worried now. What went wrong with the protection block? I hope I am not missing something too.
Oh lol, it wasn't protected properly :P

There was a pro, but it only covered part of the house, I have a new house now :D
Okay, just making sure there wasn't more to it than just putting down a block and checking the area it covered. Like adding your own name to it or something like that. Sounds good and sorry about your old house. Gotta watch those hooligans. lol

I was on another server at first using the area_pos1, area_pos2, and protect commands, but my areas just kept disappearing for some reason. I logged in one day and everything was scrambled/destroyed. That's when I came to Hometown lol. Much nicer here and learned to build very far from spawn as an extra measure.