Official Forum for the HOMETOWN Minetest game server.

Howdy \o

Start here! Introduce yourself and let us know you're here :)
Hiya Hometown peoples!

I'm iska, originated from the world of Xanadu, somebody might remember me, I was moderator there ;)
In Xanadu I built the spawn area and many other things like Emporium, Beggars Bay with help of my friends.

Due to personal reasons I didn't want to play in Xanadu anymore and took a year break, now I'm finding time to play in your server, weird with different mods installed etc but I'm getting used to it now.
Im also surprised how much I can achieve with the default privs (I had all in Xanadu, fly fast noclip giveme etc).

My first plan is to get decent house/storage done, I'll post progress pictures in some thread when theres something to see.

What I've seen you guys made really nice, active and inviting server, keep up the good work.
I'm bit worried about the lag, I've seen max_lag from the usual 2.something (still pretty high) to upto 5.something (which is really bad).
I wish we could use the recipes we had in Xanadu (5 cobble in X to give gravel, 5 gravel in X to give sand), now I have to rape the nature to get gravel or sand :(
Luckily MerleManga showed me LoneWolfs shop that sells dirt for gold :)

Feel free to msg me ingame and see my progress, specially if you're my old friend or moderator here.

Cheers! \o
Welcome! You can use a crushing furnace to turn combble/stone into gravel or sand IIRC
Welcome to their home! I feel like I've seen you around on the MT forums...
Hey!

Never played on Xanadu, but I've seen you around (mostly in /status ;) )

I honestly haven't seen you talk much though, it's amazing the sorts of players we have which I just don't know because they don't really use chat much :P

I'm glad to see you on the forums, I'll have to say hi in game one time :)
Ahhhh, iska!! :o :D :D Welcome!!
I have missed having you around Xanadu! I didn't realize that you had officially joined, and even posted here! I am soooo late to the party. Heh, but I am thrilled. :P

Edit: I can't wait to see new work from your genius building mind. :)
I might ask to see your builds and I can give you feedback or show you my builds if you want. If you see me in the game, remember that I am not a noob (a lot of people think I'm a noob because of my username).
user2 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:13 am
a lot of people think I'm a noob because of my username
You have less than 3 numbers after your name so idk what they're thinking.
ChimneySwift wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:09 am
user2 wrote:
what are you implying?
ChimneySwift wrote:
user2 wrote:
lol ikr. I think it's those automatically-generated default usernames that iPhone players have.
Bob8881 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:37 pm
ChimneySwift wrote:
user2 wrote:
what are you implying?
It's ok because you have 3 8's and a 1, what I meant was 3 different numbers, so technically you're in the clear because you only have 2 different numbers.

totally didn't just make that up