Official Forum for the HOMETOWN Minetest game server.

HOMETOWN Winter Build Contest #2! (Gingerbread) *WINNERS!!*

Keep the chat off the HOMETOWN thread on the Minetest forum, and indulge in all your server chat here! Please keep it on-topic, visit the off-topic thread if you must talk about your lunch or Guest1337.
This contest is now closed and not accepting more entries. Well done, everyone! Winners will be announced no later than Wednesday, Dec. 13th. The final contest will be announced tomorrow! :D
Announcing the WINNERS of the HOMETOWN Winter Build Contest #2!

We had 21 entries in this contest...21! I thought the first winter contest was difficult to judge, it was nothing compared to this one! We had so many creative interpretations of gingerbread houses - small houses, HUGE houses, detailed houses - it was extremely difficult to narrow down the ones that really stood out because they ALL stood out in their own unique ways! If your gingerbread house did not win, I want you to know we enjoyed exploring your work, and we thank you for participating!

Ultimately, we had to choose three categories based on size - small, medium, and large. Two winners were chosen from each category, with six winners in total. It was very difficult not to choose more than two winners from each category, but the gingerbread houses that won had a little edge over others due to detail, explorability, and aesthetics. Bonus points were also given to the builders who included Jingle the Elf and/or his Swedish fish in their build! The family and I were all smiles when we spotted our family elf with the builds! :D

Here are the winners!

First Category: SMALL

Second Category: MEDIUM

Third Category: LARGE

CONGRATULATIONS to our winners! Prizes will be awarded this evening, left in a protected chest at your build. Winners will receive 500 gold ingots each, and a rare holiday item. All participants will receive the second out of three special holiday costumes, not available for other players on the server. Participate in the third and final contest to collect the third costume to complete the 2017 holiday costume set!

I'd like to give a nod to a few other players who had exceptional builds:

user2 created a beautiful traditional gingerbread house with precise detailing.

Sokomine, Miniminaut, and pangland created gingerbread houses that can only be described as "alternatively creative." These houses were a lot of fun to explore, with signs and stories to go with them.

Well done, everyone! Thank you for the amazing builds, and we hope you are excited about the last contest!