Official Forum for the HOMETOWN Minetest game server.

eddd griefed the bank

Keep the chat off the HOMETOWN thread on the Minetest forum, and indulge in all your server chat here! Please keep it on-topic, visit the off-topic thread if you must talk about your lunch or Guest1337.
Speedy2021 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:42 am
So you don’t like him as a person........you can’t change a person, I’ve learned that.
It's not just about that. You and I both agree that he's a bully. Bullies shouldn't be allowed on the server. Anyone who makes everyone else's lives miserable shouldn't be allowed on the server.
user2 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:19 pm
Speedy2021 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:42 am
So you don’t like him as a person........you can’t change a person, I’ve learned that.
It's not just about that. You and I both agree that he's a bully. Bullies shouldn't be allowed on the server. Anyone who makes everyone else's lives miserable shouldn't be allowed on the server.
Okay yes I agree he can be a bully and a giant butt and a crazy person at sometimes because he acts like an adult then a child. But obviously they aren’t going to ban him and obviously this isn’t getting anywhere because EDad and I’m guessing the other mods have all decided what they needed to do but this right here isn’t getting anywhere so just stop, please.
LoneWolfHT wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:38 pm
Not sure if anyone posted this elsewhere but here:
eddd wrote: Hi all! Just want to get everyone’s opinion. What do you all hate about me?:joy: the reason i ask is because user2 is saying you all dislike me. I would like to know what i can do different. I personally love you all and if at any point i annoyed you all or bullied you like some claim please let me know and ill change. The ones that get annoyed that im nice even when im being called names... i wont change that. Its not my fault you get annoyed that im nice when you want to argue or that i give gold for free. Thanks in advance for your replies as all i want to do is become a better team player. Its not even the fear of getting banned(been banned a few times when i didnt deserve it) its not about being liked either. Even if i become the perfect player, some will still hate me but idc. Someone post this in the hometown website so everyone can and i can get everyones opinion. Thank you all!! Love yalls!!
Just to save some time, my building and my land owning is not included. Some constantly call my builds ugly... i see many ugly builds but you dont see me calling them out. So not changing the way i build or what i own :smiley: and for the record, i offered land plenty of times for an entire year. I gave to those that said yes(jsnake i still owe you a plot) and also that ones that took it from me without asking im not mad. Just want to say ill be building more so all land is not being given away anymore. I offered for an entire year and those who accepted, good for you.
If you make friends with him he can be very nice. Instead of asking for eddd to be banned why not ask him to stop annoying you? Another one of his messages:
eddd wrote:Thank you all for the input. For the most part, the “story” should of ended a long time ago. After apologizing numerous times, people still keep pushing it and bringing up the past. I try to avoid not mentioning names or talking bad about other people when they are not around to defend themselves. But i find myself logging in to the game and seeing the chat filled with noobs saying why does [not saying names] hate eddd?? So i know there is trash talk about me while im not around. Thats why i want to know everything i did wrong to apologize for it.
The only reason i bring up user2 is because he insist on trash talking and making videos now about me. I wish he would talk to me during the game and tell me straight up. If someone can relay the message i would gladly talk to him and settle this. Thanks. I want to apologize to him. Not argue.
I have now spoken to eddd. You can see the outcome in today's chat log. TL;DR eddd's not sorry for anything and has no intention of changing any of his behavior, he's just dodging getting into trouble.
What eddd said is not eddd and is far from reality :roll:
He plays on edge of rules, not becuase he didnt read rules, he knows them well.
If you think people change from one day to another, you are naive, sorry.
You are one small part in his "big" troll game.
Make your opinion on what he did (not to you, but to other players) and not from one nice letter he said to save his butt.
Im okay if he stay on HT, im not going to give you reasons to ban him.
Im just sad because some players were punished/verbally attacked because of him.

Thats my opinion, i will not change anything on this, ever. I know him enough to know who is eddd.
Okay, I have no idea what to believe, forget you eddd I’m sorry also forget you too user2 I’m sorry too.

EDIT: what I mean by forget you is you both are being stupid.....sorry that harsh but come on!
user2 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:11 am
LoneWolfHT wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:38 pm
If you make friends with him he can be very nice. Instead of asking for eddd to be banned why not ask him to stop annoying you?
I already tried that. I kindly asked him not to build gold towers next to my farm. He taunted me in chat and threatened to buy out my shop.

Also doesn't change the fact that I think his behavior overall is a problem. Building gold towers everywhere, bragging in chat about how rich he is, and exploiting the economy are problems that still need to dealt with.
That's like him asking you not to build your normal houses on your land. Also: He did say he would start replacing the gold with wood or clay on Discord.
You should talk with him again.
LoneWolfHT wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:29 am
user2 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:11 am
LoneWolfHT wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:38 pm
If you make friends with him he can be very nice. Instead of asking for eddd to be banned why not ask him to stop annoying you?
I already tried that. I kindly asked him not to build gold towers next to my farm. He taunted me in chat and threatened to buy out my shop.

Also doesn't change the fact that I think his behavior overall is a problem. Building gold towers everywhere, bragging in chat about how rich he is, and exploiting the economy are problems that still need to dealt with.
That's like him asking you not to build your normal houses on your land. Also: He did say he would start replacing the gold with wood or clay on Discord.
You should talk with him again.
I'm not talking to him again, he has no interest in changing his behavior, and seems unable to (or at least unwilling to) hold a reasonable conversation. He builds towers to annoy people. If you read the chat log, you'll see that he said he was "sorry" for annoying me but yet initially refused to remove the tower (and was then very reluctant). He also tried to pretend that we had agreed to change it to a clay tower and that I had forgiven him when neither of those things were true. I also pointed him to the older chat log where I had previously asked him not to build towers near my land and where I had previously asked him to remove the stone building between my shop and my farm, two things which he claimed had never happened.
AspireMint wrote: What eddd said is not eddd and is far from reality :roll:
He plays on edge of rules, not becuase he didnt read rules, he knows them well.
If you think people change from one day to another, you are naive, sorry.
You are one small part in his "big" troll game.
Make your opinion on what he did (not to you, but to other players) and not from one nice letter he said to save his butt.
Im okay if he stay on HT, im not going to give you reasons to ban him.
Im just sad because some players were punished/verbally attacked because of him.

Thats my opinion, i will not change anything on this, ever. I know him enough to know who is eddd.
This, exactly. eddd's a clever troll. He's too smart to get banned (which is exactly why he isn't banned) and he's continually being as troublesome as possible while dodging bans (he frequently makes references to "I won't do that because I might get banned" in chat).

He's never going to change. He says one thing one day and then does another thing the next day. It's unfortunate that most of the staff (including, particularly, ExeterDad) are fooled by this. Right now it looks like I'm the one picking a fight with him but I know there are others who have had similar experiences with eddd or feel the same way about him and I encourage anyone else to come forward in the same way that AspireMint has.
user2 wrote: It's unfortunate that most of the staff (including, particularly, ExeterDad) are fooled by this
Seriously? You think me so ignorant? Must I break out the crayons and draw diagrams rather than type?
user2 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:34 am
LoneWolfHT wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:29 am
user2 wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:11 am


I already tried that. I kindly asked him not to build gold towers next to my farm. He taunted me in chat and threatened to buy out my shop.

Also doesn't change the fact that I think his behavior overall is a problem. Building gold towers everywhere, bragging in chat about how rich he is, and exploiting the economy are problems that still need to dealt with.
That's like him asking you not to build your normal houses on your land. Also: He did say he would start replacing the gold with wood or clay on Discord.
You should talk with him again.
I'm not talking to him again, he has no interest in changing his behavior, and seems unable to (or at least unwilling to) hold a reasonable conversation. He builds towers to annoy people. If you read the chat log, you'll see that he said he was "sorry" for annoying me but yet initially refused to remove the tower (and was then very reluctant). He also tried to pretend that we had agreed to change it to a clay tower and that I had forgiven him when neither of those things were true. I also pointed him to the older chat log where I had previously asked him not to build towers near my land and where I had previously asked him to remove the stone building between my shop and my farm, two things which he claimed had never happened.
As you can see he's probably not going to be banned anytime soon. So you can either deal with him (If he even annoys you anymore), try to solve this by swallowing your pride talking with him, or just keep on making up excuses not to talk to him.
You keep using past incidents for your excuses. He didn't write those Discord messages then.
ExeterDad wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:33 pm
user2 wrote: It's unfortunate that most of the staff (including, particularly, ExeterDad) are fooled by this
Seriously? You think me so ignorant?
Yes. You have failed to recognise the pattern in eddd's behavior. Hint: It never changes, no matter what he says.
LoneWolfHT wrote: try to solve this by swallowing your pride talking with him
This isn't about pride. He refused to have a sensible conversation. He mostly ignored what I was saying and then tried to make out like I had said or agreed to things that I hadn't. Did you read the chat log? Let me put it another way: if his "apology" is genuine (which I don't believe) then the way that he responded to me yesterday is not helping him.
LoneWolfHT wrote: You keep using past incidents for your excuses. He didn't write those Discord messages then.
Like AspireMint pointed out, those messages don't mean anything. He expressed to me quite clearly through his actions yesterday that he's not genuinely sorry for anything, and he explicitly stated that he is not changing his behavior. He's just "apologising" to dodge another ban, it's pretty obvious.

Think about it: If he hadn't "apologised", he'd be looking guilty right now and risking another ban. Because he's "apologised", he's now innocent in the eyes of the staff because whatever bad stuff he's done in the past is now "fixed". But that doesn't mean anything's going to change. He's been warned before, and banned before. He's declared before that he's going to change his behavior. Nothing ever changes.

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 23 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:43 am

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest