Official Forum for the HOMETOWN Minetest game server.

Who bought out all my corn?

Keep the chat off the HOMETOWN thread on the Minetest forum, and indulge in all your server chat here! Please keep it on-topic, visit the off-topic thread if you must talk about your lunch or Guest1337.
Yesterday someone bought out my corn. I had almost a whole chest full. The price was 8 corn for 1 gold ingot and by the end there was around 350 gold in the chest.

If anyone knows anything now is the time to speak up.

EDIT: 355 gold to be exact.
user2 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:18 am
Yesterday someone bought out my corn. I had almost a whole chest full. The price was 8 corn for 1 gold ingot and by the end there was around 350 gold in the chest.

Wouldn't it be really helpful if there was a vendor mod that you can see purchase logs with and ban players from buying from it?

:P
ChimneySwift wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:34 am
Wouldn't it be really helpful if there was a vendor mod that you can see purchase logs with and ban players from buying from it?

Yes it would be, but one that doesn't look three or four years out of date. ;-)
user2 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:02 am
Oof
ChimneySwift wrote:
user2 wrote:

Nuuuu
Hood wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:55 pm
ChimneySwift wrote:
user2 wrote:

Nuuuu
Judging from your reaction, should I be adding you to my list of suspects?
user2 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:33 pm
Hood wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:55 pm
ChimneySwift wrote:

Nuuuu
Judging from your reaction, should I be adding you to my list of suspects?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
user2 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:02 am
ChimneySwift wrote:

This confuses me.
I wouldn't call that 3 years out of date.
it was me. now what? :o
GreenDimond wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:55 pm
This confuses me.
I wouldn't call that 3 years out of date.
I'm talking about the appearance of the mod as per the screenshots. The formspecs have that dull black background from the days before "default.gui_bg" and friends where widely used (I still think this should be handled in the Minetest core but that's another matter) and the textures bear some stylistic resemblance to the old chest and vending machine textures (and feature harder lines and bolder colors also more common in older textures) rather than the newer "cleaner" textures found in more recent mods.

That aside, I don't think this mod is a suitable replacement for this server. Conceptually it is quite different from the current vending machines (note that it appears that in this mod vending machines have their own inventory rather than getting items from chests) and the configuration looks more complicated than the current vending machines.

That's not to say that the mod is bad, I will reserve judgement on that until such time as I actually try it out. But from an aesthetic point of view I feel that it looks outdated.