Official Forum for the HOMETOWN Minetest game server.

Alternate Spawn Bank

Keep the chat off the HOMETOWN thread on the Minetest forum, and indulge in all your server chat here! Please keep it on-topic, visit the off-topic thread if you must talk about your lunch or Guest1337.
It's not infrequent to see the spawn bank is overwhelmed and poor kiko, GreenDimond, Kibbie or ExeterDad have to sit there, emptying chests... all 54 of them...

So to help ease the work I've set up an alternate spawn bank at -113,19,174, for our regular players. All prices are the same as the spawn bank, it accepts purchases in 10 times the amount sold at the regular bank, and additionally it sells gravel spread (currently uncraftable, although I suspect Lone_Wolf may stock them in his farming store in future) and you can sell gilded gold blocks for 9 gold each (which you may have accidentally mined with a lava pick, for example).

You can access it quickly by continuing along the road past the bank until you get to the fancy red railroad bridge (at that point it'll be to your left).

And a screenie ofc:
ChimneySwift wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:47 am
I've set up an alternate spawn bank at -113,19,174, for our regular players.
Regular visitor ever since I found out about this place :) Very very handy, two thumbs up and thanks!! :D
Just been there, super neat :D thanks for including the gravel spread! I think there might be some other uncraftable items where the mods overlap, is it worth making a note of them? Not that I want to make more work for anyone.
dingus wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:10 pm
Just been there, super neat :D thanks for including the gravel spread! I think there might be some other uncraftable items where the mods overlap, is it worth making a note of them? Not that I want to make more work for anyone.
I'm sure ExeterDad would be glad to hear of any recipies clashing.
I'll add a gravel spread vendor to my shop.
dingus wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:10 pm
I think there might be some other uncraftable items where the mods overlap, is it worth making a note of them?
Yes, if you come across any of them please do and post here :) I'll try keep a few vendors containing uncraftable items until the recipes are fixed.
Thank you for making that, CS!!!!
ChimneySwift wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:52 am
Yes, if you come across any of them please do and post here :)
The other one I know is "Asphalt Shingle Slab", which is also uncraftable as it is the same as / over-ridden by "Asphalt Shingles". Also I notice "Asphalt Shingles" are the same as another item with a different recipe called "Asphalt Shingle Slope" if that helps.
dingus wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:21 pm
The other one I know is "Asphalt Shingle Slab", which is also uncraftable as it is the same as / over-ridden by "Asphalt Shingles". Also I notice "Asphalt Shingles" are the same as another item with a different recipe called "Asphalt Shingle Slope" if that helps.
I've replaced the gravel spread vendor with Asphalt Shingle Slab since gravel spread is available at Lone_Wolf's shop :)
ChimneySwift wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:47 am
It's not infrequent to see the spawn bank is overwhelmed and poor kiko, GreenDimond, Kibbie or ExeterDad have to sit there, emptying chests... all 54 of them...

So to help ease the work I've set up an alternate spawn bank at -113,19,174, for our regular players. All prices are the same as the spawn bank, it accepts purchases in 10 times the amount sold at the regular bank, and additionally it sells Asphalt Shingle Slab(currently uncraftable) and you can sell gilded gold blocks for 9 gold each (which you may have accidentally mined with a lava pick, for example).

You can access it quickly by continuing along the road past the bank until you get to the fancy red railroad bridge (at that point it'll be to your left).

And a screenie ofc:
My one suggestion would be to replace the gravel spread in the path leading up to the bank with actual gravel blocks set into the ground. This would get rid of the "line"/"seam" around the sloped parts.