Official Forum for the HOMETOWN Minetest game server.

What work do you do/want to do?

We know you want it, need it, so here it is for you.
Talk about whatever, but keeping it clean.
BBmine wrote:join the United States Marine Corps.
I respect that.
But... if your passion is flying, and or working on aircraft. Why not consider the Air Force? Even if you aren't lucky enough to become a pilot, you can certainly work on aircraft. Get your training and on the job experience for no cost, while earning a wage. Not to mention the college you can complete while serving, and the college money you'd be qualified for when you got out.

I was a Army guy myself. But the closet you get to a aircraft is possibly a helicopter pilot or helicopter mechanic.
ExeterDad wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:28 am
BBmine wrote:join the United States Marine Corps.
I respect that.
But... if your passion is flying, and or working on aircraft. Why not consider the Air Force? Even if you aren't lucky enough to become a pilot, you can certainly work on aircraft. Get your training and on the job experience for no cost, while earning a wage. Not to mention the college you can complete while serving, and the college money you'd be qualified for when you got out.

I was a Army guy myself. But the closet you get to a aircraft is possibly a helicopter pilot or helicopter mechanic.
They don't let people with glasses join the Air Force.
BBmine wrote:They don't let people with glasses join the Air Force.
Can you wear glasses and be a pilot in the Air Force?
To become a pilot, that means the candidate's vision can be no worse than 20/70 (correctable with glasses to 20/20) in each eye. ... Effective May 21, 2007, applicants who have had PRK and LASIK eye surgery are no longer automatically disqualified from flight training.
Jul 18, 2017
https://www.thebalance.com/vision-requi ... or-3332649
ExeterDad wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:44 pm
BBmine wrote:They don't let people with glasses join the Air Force.
Can you wear glasses and be a pilot in the Air Force?
To become a pilot, that means the candidate's vision can be no worse than 20/70 (correctable with glasses to 20/20) in each eye. ... Effective May 21, 2007, applicants who have had PRK and LASIK eye surgery are no longer automatically disqualified from flight training.
Jul 18, 2017
https://www.thebalance.com/vision-requi ... or-3332649
My vision's actually pretty bad.
As kid i was painting every day and creating 2D animations and games, then i went on art school. I dont remember when i was last time painting something, except on tablet/smartphone :D Now im doing something i dont like much. I want to do things like in past. Maybe sometime...
AspireMint wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:50 am
As kid i was painting every day and creating 2D animations and games, then i went on art school. I dont remember when i was last time painting something, except on tablet/smartphone :D Now im doing something i dont like much. I want to do things like in past. Maybe sometime...
Nice! :D
Make your dreams come true :D