Official Forum for the HOMETOWN Minetest game server.

In Game Name

We know you want it, need it, so here it is for you.
Talk about whatever, but keeping it clean.
How did you get your in game name, what does it mean. :D?
1eae610a6d791dc8b378304d76ff03f0.jpg
1eae610a6d791dc8b378304d76ff03f0.jpg (13 KiB) Viewed 169 times
We all know that feeling...
Aoi is a Japanese name meaning "green" or "blue." I thought that the color blue suited my personality well, and "A" is also the first letter of my real name. Hbu?
Aoi wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:58 am
Aoi is a Japanese name meaning "green" or "blue." I thought that the color blue suited my personality well, and "A" is also the first letter of my real name. Hbu?
Name Hood have a lot of meanings, but for me it mean "gangster" in one way and i like to wear Hoodies :P

I literally searched 1 week which name should i use on Hometown...
I wasn't too sure about joining the server and I didn't want to commit to anything, so I just put "user" as my username. Although that username was already taken, so I changed it to "user2". By the time I was a regular player, it was really too late to change it.
user2 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:36 pm
I wasn't too sure about joining the server and I didn't want to commit to anything, so I just put "user" as my username. Although that username was already taken, so I changed it to "user2". By the time I was a regular player, it was really too late to change it.
Good news, nobody cares! We're just glad you exist :D
It's like character creation (on other games) can take only a few minutes, but usernames can take days.
*cough* ynomrah backwards.... lol
It is so fun to hear about how others chose their usernames. :D Very good idea to start a thread like this, Hood.:D
Believe it or not, I actually began playing Minetest servers with the name Rumplestilzskinn. :oops: :( I wanted random and anonymous. ;) Obviously it was both, but I did have the opportunity to change it. I was thinking about being Hermitess. :arrow: But eventually I decided on something I wanted to show people I am proud of (and every Texan understands the whole awesomeness of belonging to Texas, USA :P ). I am very happy with this name. :D
It said name so I put in my name....it was that simple.