Official Forum for the HOMETOWN Minetest game server.

What to NOT sell

You should NEVER sells anvils at your tool shop. You don't want players to know about it, you'd rather they just buy more of your tools, right?
BBmine wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:55 pm
You should NEVER sells anvils at your tool shop. You don't want players to know about it, you'd rather they just buy more of your tools, right?
Well that's one way of looking at it :)

And.... another "What to NOT sell" Halloween costumes. Right? Of course I'm right. Good chat :)
ExeterDad wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:40 pm
And.... another "What to NOT sell" Halloween costumes. Right? Of course I'm right. Good chat :)
Did you actually catch the above player selling the aforementioned items or are you just being pre-emptive?

eddd said he was going to sell them and multiple players told him not to (then he was rude to them... long story). To be honest I thought that's what this thread was going to be about (not about eddd, about the selling of Halloween costumes).
Also, never sell gold ingots. I tried once, not very profitable.
And never, I mean never ever play leapfrog with a unicorn.
ExeterDad wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:36 am
And never, I mean never ever play leapfrog with a unicorn.
Wish you would have told me that this morning.
ChimneySwift wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:30 am
Also, never sell gold ingots. I tried once, not very profitable.
I once found someone selling 2 gold ingots for the price of 1. It didn't look like a generosity type thing, it was just alongside other random stuff in someone's shop (including keys which presumably unlocked their front door???), so I bought the whole thing out. I think I only got about 30 extra gold from it.

I've also seen people with depositing machines that buy 2 gold and pay 1 as a donation box.
user2 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:59 am
I've also seen people with depositing machines that buy 2 gold and pay 1 as a donation box.
I did that on JT2..... And somebody used it :D