Official Forum for the HOMETOWN Minetest game server.

How do I craft a steel sign? - FIXED

Trying to craft a steel sign just gives a hammer. I know that for a sign I can use any item from the "stick" group to craft the steel sign, but I don't know what other items are in this group. I thought bush stems were but it seems that they aren't.
Had the same issue, you need to use colored stick atm but they are changing the hammer recipe.
I've adjusted the recipe for the hammer so it won't conflict with the steel sign. But it's the code on the dev server. It's taken me much to long to rework the inventory changes so I haven't moved the files over yet. Sorry :/
ExeterDad wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:44 am
I've adjusted the recipe for the hammer so it won't conflict with the steel sign.
What is the new recipe for the hammer? Just wondering because I need to craft some more and I'm wondering if it will be cheaper to do it now or to wait. :-P
user2 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:38 pm
ExeterDad wrote:
I've adjusted the recipe for the hammer so it won't conflict with the steel sign.
What is the new recipe for the hammer? Just wondering because I need to craft some more and I'm wondering if it will be cheaper to do it now or to wait. :-P
I don't have access to the changes from here, but if memory serves, it is cheaper now (or will be).
I thought I mentioned it here on the forums somewhere but things are so off topic it's hopeless to find again.

I "believe" it's adding one more stick to the handle, eliminating one steel ingot. (for the hammer)
The steel sign recipe will remain unchanged as it's default MTG
user2 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:38 pm
ExeterDad wrote:
You should only need two hammers. When one gets almost dead, repair it with the other ;)
BBmine wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:52 pm
You should only need two hammers. When one gets almost dead, repair it with the other ;)
I have a hammer in each base. Don't feel like traveling all over the place to fetch them, and they last a long time so it's not worth the hassle of making another until these ones are almost finished.
ChimneySwift wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:40 am
Had the same issue, you need to use colored stick atm but they are changing the hammer recipe.
So how do I make a coloured stick? I don't see any such thing in the crafting guide.
Never mind I think I've got it now, it's not listed in the crafting guide but you can make a coloured stick from coloured wood like how you make a normal stick from normal wood.
user2 wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:22 pm
BBmine wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:52 pm
I have a hammer in each base. Don't feel like traveling all over the place to fetch them, and they last a long time so it's not worth the hassle of making another until these ones are almost finished.
I keep a hammer in my inventory at all times....And sometimes even an anvil.